« Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies | Main | A Healthy Dessert Round-Up »

Chocolate Mousse (with Avocado shhh!!)

Oh goodness cupcakes, er we mean bran muffins.  Seriously, can you tell we're not a healthy baking blog?!

Really?!  What gave it away?  The lack of um...healthy blog posts perhaps!?  Sorry for the absence - we promise we've been being healthy (er....ish)!

Apparently for us to be healthy we just stop baking.  

Clearly that says nothing about our normal recipes.  Riiiiiiight.

Anyway, we're back and we're figure this healthy dessert thing out.  And boy do we have a puzzle for you cookies today.

Chocolate mousse.  With avocado.  We know!  WE KNOW.  

You're all like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa are you crazy fake healthy bakers even talking about?"  

And we're all like "DUDE we know, we KNOW."

For reals though, it's apparently all the rage.  Look at healthy baking blogs.  You know, like not this one for example, and see for yourself.  People are doing this.  Healthy people are doing this.  So you know who's gonna do this??

Yeah.  US.

(For a month only obvs.)

The recipe is weird.  Making it is weird.  Typing weird three times makes us seriously question why it's spelling the way it is.

But you know what's not weird?  DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE.

Health.  Booyah.

Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Serves 2 to 4

Print Recipe

2 avocados, seeded and roughly chopped
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup agave syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth, 2-3 minutes.

Sample, adjusting agave as needed.

Chill covered until firm, 2 hours or overnight.  Store covered in the fridge.

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

References (30)

References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.

Reader Comments (6)

I recently made chocolate mousse with avocado, and it is surprisingly good! I couldn't even taste the avocado. I used a bit of almond milk in my recipe, too. Enjoy!

March 20, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterSimply Sweet Justice

Ha this looks delicious! Trying this out soon! I think I'm going to leave the part out about avocado being in it when I tell the fiance about it :) Secret healthy stuff! Yeah!

March 20, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterNatalie

this is great! Definately takes all the guilt away from eating chocolate!

I love everything about this post! I find it hard to make anything healthy when there are just so many chocolatey options that are so delicious. But these look so good I might have to give the whole "healthy" thing a try!

Xx - S

March 27, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterLiberty on Less

This post made me laugh and I will definitely have to try it! My motto is eat healthy 80% of the time and the other 20% should be for decadent indulgences!

this mouse was divine, and incredibly simple to make! thank you for sharing :)

June 4, 2013 | Unregistered Commenteraki

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>